CORE-MATH Bibliographic References
Integrate CORE-MATH implementations into openlibm #260
- the current N3054 draft of the next C standard has reserved names
cr_exp, cr_log, cr_sin for correctly rounded functions
(cf 7.33.8, item 4, page 457).
- Accuracy of Mathematical Functions in Single, Double, Double
Extended, and Quadruple Precision, Vincenzo Innocente and Paul
- High Performance Correctly Rounded Math Libraries
for 32-bit Floating Point Representations,
Jay P. Lim and Santosh Nagarakatte, PLDI'21, 2021.
More references about the RLibm project are available
- One Polynomial Approximation to Produce Correctly
Rounded Results of an Elementary Function for Multiple
Representations and Rounding Modes,
Jay P. Lim and Santosh Nagarakatte, POPL 2022.
- RLibm-Prog: Progressive
Polynomial Approximations for Fast Correctly Rounded Math Libraries,
Mridul Aanjaneya, Jay P. Lim and Santosh Nagarakatte, Rutgers Department
of Computer Science Technical Report DCS-TR-758, 2021.
- MLFS - Mathematical Library for Flight Software, European Space Agency, 2018.
- An efficient rounding boundary test for pow(x,y) in double precision, Christoph Lauter and Vincent Lefèvre, IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 58, nb. 2, pages 197-207, 2009. [HAL version]
- Algorithms for Calculating Correctly Rounded Exponential Function in Double-Precision Arithmetic, Alexander Godunov, IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 69, no. 9, 2020, pages 1388-1400 (+ appendix of 10 pages)
- A High Throughput Polynomial and Rational Function Approximations Evaluator, Nicolas Brisebarre, George Constantinides, Miloš Ercegovac, Silviu-Ioan Filip, Matei Istoan, Jean-Michel Muller, 2018.
- Test of Mathematical Functions of the Standard C Library, Vincent Lefèvre.
- CR-LIBM: A library of correctly rounded elementary functions in double-precision, Catherine Daramy-Loirat, David Defour Florent de Dinechin, Matthieu Gallet, Nicolas Gast, Christoph Lauter and Jean-Michel Muller, 2006.
- The CORE-MATH Project,
Alexei Sibidanov, Paul Zimmermann, Stéphane Glondu, Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Symposium on Computer Arithmetic (ARITH 2022), 2022.
- Correctly rounded power function in double precision, talk given by Tom Hubrecht at FPTalks 2022, 2022.
- High-level algorithms for correctly-rounded reciprocal square roots, Carlos F. Borges, Claude-Pierre Jeannerod, Jean-Michel Muller, Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Symposium on Computer Arithmetic (ARITH 2022), 2022.
- IA-64 and Elementary Functions, Peter Markstein,
Hewlett-Packard Professional Books, 2000
- Tight Interval Inclusions with Compensated Algorithms, Stef Graillat and Fabienne Jézéquel, IEEE Transactions in Computers, volume 69, issue 12, pages 1774-1783, 2020.
- Note on FastTwoSum with Directed Roundings, Paul Zimmermann, preprint, 3 pages, 2022
- Tight and rigourous error bounds for basic building blocks of double-word arithmetic, Mioara Maria Joldes, Jean-Michel Muller, Valentina Popescu, ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, Vol. 44, No. 2, 2017.
- Formalization of double-word arithmetic, and comments on "Tight and rigorous error bounds for basic building blocks of double-word arithmetic", J.-M. Muller and Laurence Rideau, ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, Vol. 48 No 1, DOI 10.1145/3484514, March 2022.
- Should the Elementary Function Library Be Incorporated Into Computer Instruction Sets?, George Paul and M. Wayne Wilson, ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, vol. 2, nb. 2, pages 132-142, 1976.
- Non-official copy of MathLib's library (MathLib was designed by IBM)